Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gong Xi Fa Cai and Happy Valentine!

In this Valentine, I'd like to declare my love for my.... cast iron pan. Heh heh heh...
I acquired a used pan sometime in the fall at a flea market for almost nothing. Just recently I managed to properly season it, used it, and fell in love with it. If you owned one, you know what I'm talking about.

Things you can make with the pan:

Apple cake
PW
Recipe: Apple cake in iron skillet
Verdict: Really yummy, but next time I would use 1 more apple, and reduce the butter used in cooking the apples

Pork chops
Pork chops
Recipe: mine. But it's basically pork seasoned with salt n' pepper, dredge with flour and fried.
Please overlook the blackness of the pork. It's not that burned, just a little bit :)

Potato skillet
IMG_8007
Recipe: improvised.
Finally I can eat a proper skillet like the ones at Denny's. There's no Denny's or potato skillets here, so I'm quite excited.

And finally...Fried Chicken!!!!

Pretend there's a fried chicken pic here

I completely forgot taking pictures of it. We're so excited in having fried chicken for dinner, that we forgot to take a pic until there were just piles of bones left.
The chicken is really really good. The Monkey King said that it's comparable to Kentucky's. Mwahaha....that's good. Coz there's no Kentucky here either.
Man...remind me why we move here again?

Anywho...last but not least...
Homemade pizza
My pizza
I know it's not made from the iron pan. But, it's so good that I just have to post :)

Happy Valentine everyone!
And Happy Chinese New Year too! Wish you all the best in the Year of Tiger.
Gong Xi Fa Cai! I'm off to make dinner. Hopefully I won't burn my duck :P

2 comments:

Linda said...

Duck-YUM. All your meals look delicious. What is a potato skillet?
Linda
Ps hope you had a happy valentines day and a happy new year.

Yuliana said...

Thanks!
Skillet is basically potatoes fried in a pan with whatever you have in the refrigerator (ham, bell pepper, or cheese, etc). I can't get the potatoes to be really dry and crunchy in regular pan.