Monday, November 30, 2009

Death by coffee

I've been following Ree from the Pioneer Woman for about more than a year now. She and Deb definitely contributes to my pouchiness and round buttom :)
When Ree posted this recipe awhile back, I really wanted to try it but never had the time to bake it. Until now.

Coffee cake

Recipe: Coffee cake

Frosting recipe: Best creamy frosting

Verdict: I didn't use the frosting recipe from cake recipe, because I'm bored of regular o buttercream frosting. I found the frosting recipe from Tasty Kitchen, and it is sooo gooodd! I'll never go back to the buttercream frosting again (unless I have to). I added 1 Tablespoon of instant coffee to the frosting to make it coffee flavored. The cake is a bit dense. But flavorwise, if you love coffee, this is the cake for you. It's best enjoyed with a cup of coffee. Told you it's death by coffee :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gain weight just from "looking" at all of your wonderful food posts :)