Saturday, December 19, 2009

Kai's bday celebration 2

Finally we all feel somewhat better, and celebrated Kai's birthday last Saturday.

Decorated the window with balloons that my mom sent. Thank goodness for pumps! The purple hot dog balloon is surprisingly really long (about 1 m or 3 feet).


Family pictures. My mom joined in through Skype.


The birthday girl with her new toy.

Cutting the cake.

I baked this carrot cake with this frosting. I added 1/2 c of shredded coconut to the cake, and substitute 1/2 c of butter from the frosting recipe with cream cheese. The cake was really good and moist. The raisins make this cake more interesting than regular old carrot cake. The monkey king that doesn't like carrot cake loves it!

Even the birthday girl likes it too, I think. Whaddabout JD? Does she like it? Well, she ate about 3 big slices of the cake before I stopped her. She coughed quite a bit that night.
Lesson: just because the cake has carrots in it, doesn't make it healthier. Especially to a cough prone kid.
Lesson learned! :))


No comments: